Identification: “Operation modes and Power Quality assessment of photovoltaic micro-inverters”
- Study the behavior of photovoltaic micro-inverters (power rating from 250W to 500W)
- These kind of inverter is used to interconnect one or two photovoltaic panels.
- The objectives of this study is to test micro-inverters from different manufacturers in both the normal and degraded modes of operation.
- This work has been focused on the limits of normal operation and Power Quality studies.
Period: from 2016 to 2017
Context: Micro-inverter is the youngest solar inverter technology. The main argument in favor of the use of micro-inverters is that their connection is easy and allows to have “plug & play” PV modules. Also, the growth of this market is based on the capacity of low skilled workers to realize PV installations. Moreover, the number of micro-inverter manufacturers is rising since the last three years. Thus, it is difficult to compare the product among themselves.
- Develop a PV micro-inverter test bench
- Results comparison to manufacturer data
- power measurements at 10%,20%,30%,50% and 100% of the rated Power
- Efficiency and EU efficiency computations
- Minimum and maximum AC voltage protection testing
- Minimum and maximum frequency protection testing
- Islanded mode operation on a RLC load
- To check the micro-inverter behavior during power quality studies in the case of harmonic voltages in the AC grid. Power quality measurements like:
- Partner n ° 1 (Pilot): Laboratoire L2EP in Lille / Arts et Métiers ParisTech - Lille, 8 Boulevard Louis XIV - 59000 LILLE (France)
- Partner n ° 2: Laboratoire L2EP in Lille / Ecole centrale de Lille, Cité Scientifique, 59651 Villeneuve-d'Ascq